FIFA 2010 World Cup Topic

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server Owner

FIFA 2010 World Cup Topic

Postby BOWDOWN » Sun Jun 06, 2010 22:54

Hey guys

Here we go again, after 4 years lead time, the FIFA 2010 WOLRDCUP will start up in few days. One facinating month for football fans and a real horror one for those football haters (including my girlfriend who already breaking down :D ). Anyway , no doubt that we will have much to say about all matches, the scores , our supported teams etc ... and also some good moments of fun, kidding each others :P . So, i open this topic to have a kind of official and special topic where you can post all your comments related to the oncoming worldcup. Avoid opening other topics to keep all discussions clear and clean and stay straight on this one. Whish you all who are concerned a nice worldcup and may the best team win :).

Some useful infos :

Groupes:

Calendar:

Last edited by BOWDOWN on Sun Jun 06, 2010 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 22:59

nice idea Bowy :D i wish all countrys good luck and fun, darkman i hope we watch the round together on some ET server.. so italy owns slov and i own u :D WUNDERBAAAARRR!! :lol: :lol:

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Sun Jun 06, 2010 23:52

Lol Sturmy you nab,see thats a prob why Italy didnt win croatia last 20 years in football,i am not SLO i am CRO,both neighburs of Italy and you confuse us,but since cro didnt go i will cheer for Slo to kick Italy :) :)
Joke,good luck both to Italy both to Slovenia,i wont watch i will cry in my bed. :)

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:10

@bow: cool to have this topic, will cerainly check it out a lot. And tell your girlfriend she doesnt have to be afraid for too long, france will be out in first round :>

At the rest, good luck ofcourse. Ill be cheering for The Netherlands if you dont mind 8)

Good luck to all country's and let's hope the WC will be clean and full of joy (even for France ... :roll: )

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam Kid

Postby MoB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:18

As Belgium isn't qualified for the world cup again... I'll be supporting England ;)! Good luck to everyone!

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:49

This must be a mistake.. BELGIUM AIN'T QUALIFIED! oO

Won't really watch it though ^^

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:09

GO HO LLAND!!!!!!!!

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... pic&t=9754
:D Maybe add that link in your message bow? :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:24

GokuSan wrote:This must be a mistake.. BELGIUM AIN'T QUALIFIED! oO

Won't really watch it though ^^

dont worry goku
Poland too aint qualified we are nabs in football :) but we have beautyful girls
http://nowawmiescie.blox.pl/resource/27a0960b000f784d4a2823d6.jpg

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56

Deatheater wrote:Ill be cheering for The Netherlands if you dont mind 8)

same here 8)

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:06

davies wrote:GO HO LLAND!!!!!!!!

:good: :good: :good: :good: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I think we will make the first round for sure
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:43

lmao, Robben is out already :<

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 13:33

yep Dutch will pwn :)
Lets hope Robben can play, but well... we have better players then him ;)

Anyways, I hope all will have lots of fun and no injuries, so we can kick your ass in full strength, so we can really show who is best :twisted:
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:29

Garfield wrote:lmao, Robben is out already :<

doesn't matter so much. he probably miss the first 3 games - which we will win easily, evne without him. I guess Kuyt will play there. Then he can play 1/8 finals and we pwn Paraguay's asses :p . then we will compete vs. Brazil - which we will win on penalties. Then we'll meet Serbia - the big surprise, but we pwn them. And then, in the final we will lose from those damn german - As gary lineker once said:
"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins." Gary Lineker
ImageImage
ImageImage

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:47

Hihi

I support my country of birth and the undisputed kings of football!
Brazil of course!

Belgium has and will always suck in football so it aint a surprise they aren't qualified...

Besides Brazil, i'll also support my friendly neighbors, no, not those filthy French or those evil Germans, but that cheese eating, pot smoking people called the dutch...

I'm happy as long as these country's don't win: Argentina, Italy, Germany, UK and France.

Let's go for the sixth star!
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:55

Harpix wrote:I'm happy as long as these country's don't win: Argentina, Italy, Germany, UK and France.
+ Brazil

:good: :good:

i totally agree with you

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:02

Harpix wrote:I'm happy as long as these country's don't win: Argentina, Italy, Germany, UK and France.

So if i get it well you are against all those countries which already won the cup except Brazil ? well , can be good to see a new winner joining the club but in this case i would only be for Netherland then :).

The dream final for me would be a Argentina vs Netherland (i stoped supporting France ages ago after their shameful match with Ireland) but surprises are alwayz possible on football and that s why i love it :wink: .

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:05

Garfield wrote:
Deatheater wrote:Ill be cheering for The Netherlands if you dont mind 8)

same here 8)

Garf agrees with me? ::OOOOOOOOOOO

but ok ... let's stick to things that are actually true :)
Robben will play yeah :) he is probably out for 1/2 weeks ... final is in 5 weeks so he can play long enough :>

@icecreamy: what better players we have then? :P (besides maybe v.Persie)

Argentinia 1-3 Netherlands :>

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:30

I don't have real favourite who do I want to win but I think Germany or Netherlands could have a chance to win whole thing.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:39

@Deatheater:

Van Persie indeed, but Van Der Vaart and Sneijder are better too imo ;)

Spain will win, Dutch will lose from them in final.

Biggest failers are France and Argentina, for the simple reason that the French are too old and the Argentinians have Maradona as coach.

England is a dangerous outsider, just like Germany, Italy and Brazil. The rest has no chances at all of winning the World Championships ;)
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Lord

Postby Xand3r » Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:46

yea dutch will pwn japan for sure :> and denmark

Spam God

Postby Monstrkill » Mon Jun 07, 2010 17:13

I thought that I was there too, but I do not understand how I see football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Jun 07, 2010 17:16

FLOWER'S WORLD CUP CORNER 8)

Let's analyze from my humble point of view all teams:
GROUP A
It might seems an easy group for France but i think it's not. RSA is the home team and surely have a great enthusiasm that may overcome some technical and defensive lack. Mexico is really a fresh team, very talented on forward (Vela-Hernandez-Dos Santos). Uruguay is less favourite than others. France has a great team, maybe some big scorer is missing, but a poor manager.
My expectation: 1st Mexico 2nd France 3rd RSA 4th Uruguay
GROUP B
Argentina is definetely one of the best teams, only the madness of his coach can stop it (and maybe some defensive lack, the goalkeeper isn't the best). Nigeria is a little bit better than Korea and Greece. My expectation: 1st Argentina 2nd Nigeria 3rd Korea 4th Greece
GROUP C
The two anglosaxon teams are more favourite to pass than other two teams. England is another big favourite, only the goalkeeper isn't at the same world-class level of whole team and coach. USA is running good in the last years and probably will easy qualify. My expectation: 1st England 2nd USA 3rd Slovenia 4th Algeria
GROUP D
One of the toughest group here. Germany has a solid team, even with some relevant injuries, and a great tradition at world cup. Serbia is a serious candidate to be one of the surprises and has some talented players like Stankovic and Krasic. Ghana and Australia are struggling to pass this group, good teams but without any superstar player. My expectation: 1st Germany 2nd Serbia 3rd Ghana 4th Australia
GROUP E
The Netherlands is really in good condition and probably will rule this group. We will see how important is the missing of Robben. Camerun, Denmark and Japan seems to be on the same level, maybe Eto'o will make the difference.
My expectation: 1st Netherlands 2nd Camerun 3rd Denmark 4th Japan
GROUP F
It seems an easy group for Italy and maybe it really is, but the team isn't that good, and probably won't go so far in this competition. Paraguay is a young and hungry team, they came 2nd in the south-american qualifying round, so really respectable team. My expectation. 1st Paraguay 2nd Italy 3rd Slovakia 4th New Zealand
GROUP G
The injury of Drogba clarifies a lot of things: Brazil and Portugal will pass. The loss of his captain is really relevant for Ivory Coast and probably can't compete with the 2 big "fishes" of this group. Brazil, despite of his tradition, has a great defensive pack (in my opinion, the strongest among all teams), a world class midfield, only Luis Fabiano isn't at the same level of the legendary brazilian strikers, but he manages to put the ball in everytime it's needed, so not a big deal. Portugal has Ronal d'oh (i love the Simpsons ^^) and this is enough.
My expectation: 1st Brazil 2nd Portugal 3rd Ivory Coast 4th North korea
GROUP H
Spain is another big favourite: they play the best football, an awesome midfield (Fabregas is struggling to find a place!!! - no more comment), one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and a great offensive power. Swiss and Chile will fight for the 2nd place in this group. Honduras seems to be the cinderella of this world cup. My expectation: 1st Spain 2nd Swiss 3rd Chile 4th Honduras

I think it's enough :)
Comments are really welcome!! Let's start the discussion! :)

Veteran

Postby X-avier » Mon Jun 07, 2010 18:00

Mh,

Grp A -
France > Mexico
Grp B
You were right 'bout Argentina - but don't underestimate Greece..
Grp C
agree for the most part
grp D
Australia has shown some better soccer then serbia/ghana imo.
Grp E
Netherlands will conquer ^^ + robben's injury isn't as bad as ppl thought.
Grp F
you shouldn't judge italy just by the last few matches.. i think italy will get 1st in pool.
Grp G agreed, .. North Korea.. WTF :lol:
grp H
well yea agreed..

:>

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Jun 07, 2010 18:24

Nice analyze Flo , almost agree with all.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Mon Jun 07, 2010 18:30

Vamos vamos Argentina, vamos vamos a ganar, que esta banda quilombera, no te deja no te deja de alentar"

This will be the song when Argentina play the final....vs i dont know and i dont care...i believe in my country`s team :D . I respect all other teams, but Argentina have excelents players (like Messi, Mascherano, Tevez, Higuain, Veron, Di Maria, Aguero, Milito).
Anyway, i will enjoy the world cup Argentina wins the cup or not, good luck to all countrys :D

Next

Return to General Discussion