Google Chrome Internet Browser

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Feb 09, 2010 0:42

Smadje wrote:Image

:ddddddd
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Kid

Postby iZver » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:01

hahahaha.
Dead on. Althoe I wouldn't use that *beep* up picture for chrome. Chrome may be lightweight, but is not *beep* up. It's beautiful.

I would describe chrome more like this.
http://www.shrani.si/f/1A/Z0/33uqoBMt/1 ... 130lrg.jpg

Free of any unnecessary ..hmm... let's call it, encumberance :twisted:

Server High Admin

Postby PolygonWindow » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:05

As i said before : Using this google stuff when registered is just showin google wut ur doin on the webs. Google is not always ur friend... They logg everything ur doin when browsin with this sh!t. sry for my words. leave it rly. it will destroy the web as you know it or at least i do..

Spam Kid

Postby iZver » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:19

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41

PolygonWindow wrote:As i said before : Using this google stuff when registered is just showin google wut ur doin on the webs. Google is not always ur friend... They logg everything ur doin when browsin with this sh!t. sry for my words. leave it rly. it will destroy the web as you know it or at least i do..

Try reading the Privacy Terms, they show you exactly what they register and what they don't. Google is also kind enough to show you how to turn it off if you don't agree with it.

Code: Select all
Information Google receives when you use Google Chrome
You do not give personal information to Google Chrome to download and use. When you download Google Chrome or the program to connect to the Google servers, Google receives only standard log information including the IP address of your computer and one or more cookies. You can configure Google Chrome that no cookies are sent to Google or other sites. Explanation can be found here.

Besides sending some features of Google Chrome Any additional information to Google:

• When URLs or queries in the address bar, type the letters you sent to Google so the Suggest words automatically or URLs can imagine that you perhaps looking. If you choose to share usage statistics with Google and you accept a suggested query or URL, it sends this information to Google Chrome Google. You can disable this feature as described here.
• If you navigate to a URL that does not exist, Google Chrome sends to Google in the URL so we can help you find the URL you want. You can disable this feature as described here.
• The Safe Browsing feature of Google Chrome makes regular contact with the Google servers to download the most recent list of known phishing and malware sites that contain. When you visit a site that we think these phishing or malware, send your browser a partial copy of the URL of the site with hash encryption to Google. We can give you more information about the dangerous URL. From these data, the real Google URL you visit, no trace. If you chose to share usage statistics with Google and a site which we believe is phishing or malware, there are also other data to Google. These include the entire URL you've visited, the referrer header for that page and the URL in the list of Google Safe Browsing is found. You can disable Google's Safe Browsing service with the instructions you can find here, or you can opt out of the usage statistics to Google through these instructions. You can read more about how this works.
• Your copy of Google Chrome includes one or more unique application numbers. These numbers and information about your installation of the browser (such as version number and language) are sent to Google when you first install the program and used, and when Google Chrome automatically checks for updates. If you choose to use statistics and crash reports to Google, the browser sends us this information, together with a unique application number. Crash Reports may contain information from files, programs and services that were used when a problem occurred. We use crash reports to problems with the browser to identify and resolve.
• You can choose Google as your default search engine to Google Chrome Google Chrome and you can also use other Google services to open, such as Gmail. The Privacy of Gmail or other services will apply when you open them, no matter which browser you use. If you use Google Chrome to connect to Google services, Google receives no special or additional personal information.
• If you enable synchronization feature of Google Chrome, Google Chrome information about your browser settings, such as your bookmark data on Google servers in with your Google Account. Data stored in your account are protected by the privacy policy of Google. We need this information to save them to other computers to which you send the synchronization feature of Google Chrome on. You can find more information on the specific data you can synchronize. You can disable this feature as described here.

Remember that Google isn't some kind of dark company but a worldwide professional company that is registered on the stock market. Stock market means, bad news about the company, stocks drop, company loses value. So they will be carefull enough what to do and what they dont. I don't believe any of these strange stories and i think you're far from reality if you do believe it. That's all.

PS: I wasn't bribed a by a Google employee to say this.

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 13:06

using chroome for a long time now imo just faster then ie :D

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 15:10

Scuba-Steve : +1 8)

PolygonWindow > And if you're really suspicious, just use Chromium, which is the open-source code of Chrome. Chrome add just the Google brand and a few features that can be easily disabled.

Anyway.. when you try Chrome/Chromium, you just can't go back to Firefox :P

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Feb 09, 2010 15:28

u can put a chrome theme on ff with just few secs. and ff is overall heavily customizable.

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Tue Feb 09, 2010 15:44

Diamond wrote:u can put a chrome theme on ff with just few secs. and ff is overall heavily customizable.

:arrow: Download the Google Chrome theme for FireFox.

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 17:13

... and ff is overall heavily customizable.

A theme/skin isn't everything ... ff is also overally heavily bloated :P

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Tue Feb 09, 2010 18:33

Spyhawk wrote:
... and ff is overall heavily customizable.

A theme/skin isn't everything ... ff is also overally heavily bloated :P

Personally i think FF is indeed overrated, but comparted to IE a great browser. Unfortunatly standard non-experienced users think the only way to view a website is through IE.

Compare IE to Chrome and IE won't stand a chance, but between FF & Chrome. It's quite a battle.

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Feb 09, 2010 18:42

all it has is that its bit faster and its a google product. but i dont use google and i like customizing ff to my needs. and imo its not bloated up, coz its been around longer.

its just a matter of choice.

Spam Kid

Postby kris2griff » Mon Feb 22, 2010 14:00

Ive tried Google chrome, but didn't like it, i prefer Firefox for all my Adblock and Noscript etc etc...

Veteran

Postby Viduus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 14:35

Try this with Chrome. Works well for me.

http://adsweep.org/

Spam Kid

Postby Olli » Mon Feb 22, 2010 20:13

not everybody seems to know, that chrome is customizeable as well...

http://www.chromeextensions.org/

Compared to FF and friends it´really new, so give them the time to develop.
;)

Previous

Return to General Discussion