Mafia game 22 - Subscription topic

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Official Member

Mafia game 22 - Subscription topic

Postby Toup » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:01

Mafia Game 22 - Subscription

Greetings,
as you might have guessed (after reading the topic) this post is about presenting (yet another) Mafia Game. Now if you are feeling confused already and wondering what the hell mafia game is, don't be. It will all be explained, just bear with me.

--------------

The Theme:

Occupied France, 1944.
The fighting between the Occupation and Resistance is close to reach its peak. Can the Resistance beat occupying force and the hordes of minions who follow in their footsteps or will their attempts perish undearneath the pages of history? Only time will tell ...

--------------

What the heck is the Mafia Game?

Mafia, the Game is a variant of a game called Werewolf, Assassin or Witch hunt. It is a party game in which a bunch of people are divided in two groups: in this case the Resistance and the Occupation. The two groups react with each other using a web-based forum in which they post their thoughts, questions, and accusations.
However, that is not all. The game itself simulates a virtual world as it were - the game is divided into day and night cycles. During each day cycle all of players communicate with each other while trying to either influence, confuse, or set-up somebody so that, in the final analysis, the outcome would serve their interests (i.e. winning the game). Night is quite different from day though. During each nightime players are in their 'homes', inactive (i.e. public thread is locked), while the resistance, using a separate forum, is planning their next move (who to attack during the night, how to confront other players during day time etc.)

That is basically all in a nutshell I've got to say about this cloak and daggery game. Should any further questions arise don't hesitate to PM ckey or toup without hesitation.

Characteristics and changes of this game to previous games:

Anonymous Names - For the purpose of this game every single player will be given a name in the game. Using this name he will appear on game forums.

Separate Forums - The game will be played again on separate forums (the reason is each and every player need a special account and since this time me and Toup are narrating the game we need to be able to moderate the forums/threads, which, as neither of us is not ps member, we are unable to do).

What happens now?

Now you need to subscribe in this thread by saying something to the effect that "I am in" etc. Subscription deadline is Apr 21, 2012, that means you've got roughly a week to subscribe.
After subscription period is over you will be PMed a link to newly created forums with further information.

Information For Mafia Regulars
Occupation = Innocents, Resistance = Mafia.

RULES

-Sending/quoting/paraphrazing a PM from a narrator is FORBIDDEN and will result in instant death from above.

-Activity is essencial in this game, and therefore we have decided that at least 1 public forum message per game day will be required from all currently living players. Upon 1st breach of this rule player will be warned, upon 2nd breach player will be killed. Take in consideration the more active you are the more fun the game will be.

-It MAY be forbidden to reveal/lie/tell/describe/imply your role in public. As this option is highly dependent on the amount of players it will be specified once subscription is over. (Note: This will also apply in telling your role indirectly, such as saying "You should thank me Bob for being protected last night" -> person is most likely Doctor. Just to clarify.)

-Talking about the game OUTSIDE the forums with fellow players is FORBIDDEN for all players with exception of Resistance, Masons and Channeler.

-Resistance cannot use their abilities on each other. Doing so will result in INSTADEATH. This is because mafia's ability usage is told in a night recap and targets will be revealed as non-mafiosos.

-If Mayor dies, he will be re-elected.

Roles

Regime

Agent (formely detective)
You are an Agent opperating for the regime. During each night you can investigate 1 person of your choice who you suspect to be a traitor of the regime by sending a PM to the narrator. You can only do this once a night. Use your skills wisely, you don't want to disapoint the town commandant.

Doctor
You are the Doctor. Each night you may choose one person to protect and that person will not die if they are attacked by the Resistance. If you wish, you may also protect yourself. You can protect someone from a hit by the Restistance, but not by the town's decision to kill during day time (lynching). Use your medicne knowledge well, everyone's life and the city depends on you.

Soldier (formely bulletproof)
You are a Soldier. Soldiers are equipped with a fancy bulletproof vest that will protect them from an ordinary Resistance attack. However you are not safe from the Hitman if he decides to use his power : he will instant-kill you. If the town decide to lynch you, your vest won't protect you and you will die.

Town's Lulu Head (formely Channeler)
You are the Town's Lulu Head. You are different from other people in Nouvion, you can contact ONE dead person once a night and the Narrator, at the start of the next day, will post whatever the dead person you chose to talk with says.
Note: You may contact one person only once. Perhaps it is the odour coming from your mouth, but the dead you've spoken to will never speak to you again.
BEWARE: The G-MAN is able to change one message from the dead through unknown means. You will be made aware when he does.

Collaborator (formely plain innocent)
You are one of those who try to make their living by cooperating with the regime. With speech being your only power, your goal is simple: find and kill members of
the Resistance.

Roadrunner
You are so incredibly quick, you can once in the game run away from a NORMAL resistance ambush. However you will automatically use your ability, and you will be so tired after you ran so much you cant sprint like that again. But hey, maybe the resistance think you are the Doctor or the Soldier, and they will not ambush you again.

-----------

Resistance

Resistance Member
You are a member of the resistance. Your goal is to completely dominate PSland by destroying and tricking the regime until they no longer outnumber you. Use a separate mafia forum to discuss your hits with your REsistance friends

Hitman
You are the Hitman. A member of the resistance, with one specialization: killing. With your ability, you can easily kill the any soldier and any person that comes your way, even one that is protected by the Doctor - just use your ability. You can only use your ability ONCE A GAME. So choose wisely, the resistance's victory depends on you greatly.

Torturer
You are the torturer. A member of the resistance with a dirty job: torture a person of your choice to discover his role. But there is a war out and you don't have enough chemical to make more than 1 person talk ... Just as the Hitman, you can only do this ONCE A GAME. So torture wisely, my friend.

The Stripper
Word has it you are the sexy undercover agent of the resistance. With your charming smile and body, you can poison a drink of a person of your choice without them noticing. For the rest of the game, the person you decided to poison will not be able to use his ability. As other members of the resistance you can only do this ONCE A GAME. So choose your target well, using this poison on a Collaborator or Soldier will be harmless.
Resistance Member
You are an ordinary member of the resistance, you have no particular ability, but
you can discuss your plans with other resistance members.

Leader (formerly boss)
Side: Resistance
Ability: One extra vote in the nightly mafia kill process
When can be used: Only at night.
Detailed description: The leader is an optional role that can be given among the mafia if they wish so. Boss's vote is counted as two when the resistance is deciding who to kill. The only reason for this is to secure resistance reaching majority in their kill, in case someone goes unexpectedly inactive. the Leader can only be elected on the first night and if he dies there will be no re-election.

-----------

G-MAN (modified Mr. Gray)
This sinister character blends into the town's folk of Nouvion quite well. He is a seasoned soldier who has lived through many battles and now all he wants is a quiet life. For that reason his intentions remain unknown, one thing is for sure: he is neither for the regime or the resistance. He tries to survive on his own, manipulating everyone. Once a game he can lynch two people in one day, and, change what whoever the channeler's trying to contact says. Attention : The channeler will be aware of your actions.

Your objectives are: Survive through the whole game, on your own.

Subscriptions will be open until Friday the 25th.

------

Player list:

St-Shadow

Blazing

Falbik

Davies

Death

Lazy-Lion

GoldenBullette

Egglaf

Spycow

assblower's ass

Scary

FlowerPower

flow

Leo
Last edited by Toup on Mon Apr 16, 2012 16:51, edited 22 times in total.

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:09

CKEY, you convinced me. I will play again. Though no more posts while being stoned - dont lynch me due to inactivity then :lol:
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:12

im in

thanks diamond:)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:16

im in ...hope this time full activ ^^
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:29

i'm in if it won't start before monday :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:50

Why haven't you added me yet?
I told you i would join ^^

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Fri Apr 13, 2012 23:57

The space twists and a door appears. After a moment of shock, a man comes trough the door, locking it behind him. As he turns his back the door spins and vanishes. The man walked the Toup and gave him the key.

Goldenbullet: I did the paperwork for you. Have fun! Now where's the beer?

###############

Sign me in :>

Official Member

Postby Death » Sat Apr 14, 2012 0:23

GoldenBullet wrote:The space twists and a door appears. After a moment of shock, a man comes trough the door, locking it behind him. As he turns his back the door spins and vanishes. The man walked the Toup and gave him the key.

###############

Sign me in :>

After sleeping it of, you find yourselve in a magical place.
You ask the man in white clothes what that place is. It turns out to be Heaven.
How did I get here, you ask. Well you overdosed on drugs, seeing a door spin and dissapear might have been an indicator not to use more...

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 0:42

Cheers boys and girls (and Davies) ((and spycow o_O))^^,
I just want to make sure everybody knows about the slight modification of rules, so I post it here again ...

The Key's Wisdom 1.0.1 wrote:-Activity is essencial in this game, and therefore we have decided that at least 1 public forum message per game day will be required from all currently living players. Upon 1st breach of this rule player will be warned, upon 2nd breach player will be killed. Take in consideration the more active you are the more fun the game will be.

GoldenBullet wrote:The space twists and a door appears. After a moment of shock, a man comes trough the door, locking it behind him. As he turns his back the door spins and vanishes. The man walked the Toup and gave him the key.

... the man turns to Goldenbullet, tired by the looks of it. "Here you go", says he while handing over Falbik's beerbox :>.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Apr 14, 2012 0:46

Oh, count me in as well.
Hopefully I won't fail this time.
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:39

I am in!

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:28

Let's kill some bastards. :D (Depending either im innocent or mafia 8))

And of course you guys will give me a useless roll...
I suck at everything else.
:D
Image :wth:

Spam Kid

Postby assblow3r » Sat Apr 14, 2012 13:49

Put my ass in

EDIT for spycow: I heard there is a computer program which will randomly distribute roles between players :)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 19:56

Indeed, and that my friend, has ruined the game for me. 8O

Anyway!

RIOT

No Ghost role. :evil:

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 19:57

SpyCow wrote:Indeed, and that my friend, has ruined the game for me. 8O

Anyway!

RIOT

Order in the courtroom, or I will make them chain you to the wall and get eaten by a monster before 1st night starts! :twisted:

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 20:19

That my fellow mates. Is a sign of pure madness.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Apr 14, 2012 20:40

SpyCow wrote:Indeed, and that my friend, has ruined the game for me. 8O

Anyway!

RIOT

Roles will be added depending on the number of players, we only have 10 people :)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 21:13

So far, yes.

You posted the mafia game thread like... max 20 hours ago. :roll:

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Apr 14, 2012 21:15

Yeah and if we have more people we add more roles.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 21:19

Roles that MUST be added:

Bird-Trainer.
Ghost.

Spam King

Postby Scary » Sun Apr 15, 2012 13:48

Sign me in and do not dare to kick me if I dont answer that election post in time. Watching inbox is for noobs.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Apr 15, 2012 17:15

After a really long pause, i'd like to play it again :)

Spam God

Postby flow » Sun Apr 15, 2012 20:44

you can count me in too :)
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 20:44

Scary wrote:Sign me in and do not dare to kick me if I dont answer that election post in time. Watching inbox is for noobs.
I might understand it wrong, but all you do is post a name and needn't watch any inbox. If you mean the deadline and/or the names of players you can vote to become a mayor it will both be written to each and every player via PM here on forums (and IM if've got one) and posted in here as well, plus I might just as well drop a copy on ps shoutbox. If that still is too little you can give me your IM (Skype, MSN, ICQ, Jabber, xfire, etc.) and I can contact especially you :). The game requires some activity, deal with it :P.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Apr 15, 2012 20:52

3 more players.
Now add Ghost And Bird-Trainer!

Next

Return to General Discussion