What could be the next online FPS running in PS?

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Tue Feb 07, 2012 22:27

Team Fortress 2 is great. The biggest adventage of TF: 2 is - free game, free server files, You can download.

Great game is also Battlefield Play4Free. Free game, but you can't get server files. You have to rent a server from trust one.
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 13:12

we could play DOOM :lol: :D

jokes a part on 1 side if and when it will happen i hope we leave 1 ET server alive

(just look at all those FG guys playing here cuz they shut down theyr ET servers)

as other game team fortress 2 looks pretty nice, i dont play any fps except ET, dont like em much, ET is fun

Official Member

Postby Death » Wed Feb 08, 2012 13:14

SturmGonzo wrote:as other game team fortress 2 looks pretty nice, i dont play any fps except ET, dont like em much, ET is fun

I know dat feel bro! :>

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:21

my 2cent:

YES TF2 --> f2p game so all are able to download it and play it for free, and is fun too :)
NO! COD any version and BF, to expansive for most of us, and server are so kiddish :/

I don't know so much fps, like other ppl said I love ET and at my eyes it looks like the best FPS ever *_*, so guys if we have to do this step try to chose a f2p game... so all the ppl are able to play it for free

Leo
GoD is DeaD

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Wed Feb 08, 2012 17:54

I just downloaded TF2... It's pretty fun. :D
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Feb 08, 2012 18:31

Haven't really tried any other FPS myself, but in my opinion TF2 would be a fine choice.

... wait I'm still around here?

Official Member

Postby Death » Wed Feb 08, 2012 19:32

GoldenBullet wrote:Haven't really tried any other FPS myself, but in my opinion TF2 would be a fine choice.

You're supposed to be gone! Shoe! :>

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Wed Feb 08, 2012 19:56

Death wrote:
GoldenBullet wrote:Haven't really tried any other FPS myself, but in my opinion TF2 would be a fine choice.

You're supposed to be gone! Shoe! :>

As you seen in this post... If Golden is hosting another Mafia game...
Death is gonna get killed as the first one with an important rule. :o

Almost like some host, told the mafiosos death's role...

Anyway!

How many is gonna play TF2? :P

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Wed Feb 08, 2012 21:47

Since it's free I could give it a shot.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spam Kid

Postby wallian » Wed Feb 08, 2012 22:13

Also BF Play 4 Free is good, but "Play 4 Free" means "play for free and buy a lot of expesive stuff"

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Feb 08, 2012 22:20

wallian wrote:Also BF Play 4 Free is good, but "Play 4 Free" means "play for free and buy a lot of expesive stuff"

Are they just cosmetics or "pay for power" kind of stuff?
As far as I know TF2 only sells cosmetics. I guess they sell weapons aswell, but the weapons can be unlocked by getting achievements if I remember correctly.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 22:40

GoldenBullet wrote:As far as I know TF2 only sells cosmetics. I guess they sell weapons aswell, but the weapons can be unlocked by getting achievements if I remember correctly.

You remember correctly.
They sell weapons. But as i checked most of them giving you something for something. For example -more ammo in clip, but slower reloading. More basic dmg, but no crit hits. So it's preety well balansed. Not that if you'll buy some stuff you dominate the game. And there are enough imo weapons to unlock in game progression to not buy anything...

TF2 makers did good job to balance all classes. For instance in this point ET kinda failed (rambo medic :wink: ). I don't know how it is for this moment with Battlefield Heroes. Pleyed it couple of weeks, but i get bored coz of only 6 maps... And camera above the head made hiding behind infrastructures impossible..
Last edited by Daghel on Wed Feb 08, 2012 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Wed Feb 08, 2012 22:41

Daghel wrote:
GoldenBullet wrote:As far as I know TF2 only sells cosmetics. I guess they sell weapons aswell, but the weapons can be unlocked by getting achievements if I remember correctly.

TF2 makers did good job

Valve aren't capable of making a bad job.

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 22:51

Toup wrote:
Daghel wrote:

TF2 makers did good job

Valve aren't capable of making a bad job.

They are incapable of making 3rd games though (WHERE IS MY HALF LIFE 3!!!)

Battefield Heroes has items that you can buy that will increase your "power", so that game is a no-no for me ^^

Also, Daghel seems to be enjoying Tf2, playing it all day :p

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Feb 08, 2012 23:05

imo keep it as ET untill it dies and let it die.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Thu Feb 09, 2012 0:00

Dont get it Icy,why should it die?
i think there is a lot of us to play on 1 server for many years still.

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Thu Feb 09, 2012 0:21

nvm what game u present ...

i play ET .. love ET and after dies still play ET if Lands keep one server...

what is with ETQW ? neva play & neva see by someone recommending .

i play online free games :

-Cabal - if like sword ,magic,team work & fantasy atmosphere
-CS 1.6 - team work , but map bored if play long time
-Starcraft II - love this strategy game -
-CSS - not free :S
-TF2 - play few times still no know like or not :wink:

but still have nomber ONE FPS game ---> ET
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Thu Feb 09, 2012 0:39

Yeah lest not forget.

We need to keep DM and CTF apart. A lot of games have nice graphics, DM playing but they are not good for teamplay and so on.

This is where the OLD quake1 CTF was AWSOME, that was like THE teamplaying game back in the day. Then half-life came along (steam) and that was some even more great teamplay.

By far the best teamplaying games ever released.

Quake (different versions)
Half-Life, Half-Life 2, both DM and CTF things
CS, CSS (and all that)
Team fortress classic, TF2
ET of course :D

Games where you have great multiplayer, CTF things, using machines and so on. AND most important, ability to creat own maps etc. They take on their own life and continue stay alive.

As where most other games come and go, more or less.

I have been looking on the web, and must say, Quake Live looks nice. If only Enemy Territory could be done that way. Would be a GREAT revival. Maby I should write ID software and see what they have to say. Graphics wise ET is about the same as quake live.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BIG problem now is that all the consoles have taken over the last 10 years and that has had a big negative impact on computer games. I have allways LOVED online social multiplayer gameing.

But they again I used internet way back in the day, and started out on 2400 BPS modem, onto 9600, 14400, 28000, 33600 and so on, and then moved over to ISDN. BBS was the thing for ELITE ppl to use then too.

Now there is so much crap on the web, thank god for all the nice communitys, forums etc with real ppl who care about gameing and other cool stuff.

F-you facebook, twitter (only twitts there), banners, spam, etc.

:D

Spam Kid

Postby wallian » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40

Quake Live looks nice. If only Enemy Territory could be done that way. Would be a GREAT revival. Maby I should write ID software and see what they have to say. Graphics wise ET is about the same as quake live.

:good: :good:

But I think that ID doesn't give a luck about ET anymore.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 14:20

wallian wrote:

Quake Live looks nice. If only Enemy Territory could be done that way. Would be a GREAT revival. Maby I should write ID software and see what they have to say. Graphics wise ET is about the same as quake live.

:good: :good:

But I think that ID doesn't give a luck about ET anymore.

Especially that ET was made by Spalsh Damage, not ID.

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Thu Feb 09, 2012 16:33

DMG_Kowi, oh, missed that. But

http://www.splashdamage.com/history

They have a partnership with ID software, what I can tell. Don't know much about it since I am not a heavy gamers or into that.

Anyway it would be nice with a reboot of ET, it is a great game, and has lots more positive reviews from back in the day, even retro reviews says its a great multiplayer game.

Watched pictures and video of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive it looks great, same gameplay and so on, just updates graphics and so on. The same thing could be done for ET, and even for Team fortress classic. Would be nice if they rebooted that too.

At least it would be way less expencive to "fix em up" instead of developing new games etc.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:19

thx for all your input so far, keep posting ;)

and btw, davies: if there is another game in PS, it probably wont be on console (e.g.: X-box), just on pc ...

and ya, there will always be at least one public ET server in PS, thats what we owe to ET. no plans atm about closing another of our ET servers, nor would it be necessary to close an ET-gameserver in order to open a non-ET-gameserver.

but some votes have to be cast and polls to be called until we can do these steps ...

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:21

Many people have been making posts like this:

FALBIK wrote:-Cabal - if like sword ,magic,team work & fantasy atmosphere
-CS 1.6 - team work , but map bored if play long time
-Starcraft II - love this strategy game -
-CSS - not free :S
-TF2 - play few times still no know like or not :wink:

but still have nomber ONE FPS game ---> ET

We could write em down and make a poll. :roll:

Spam Kid

Postby Method » Fri Feb 10, 2012 16:34

Saukko wrote:CSS is a bad idea, a lot of cheaters these days since as known VAC doesn't ban anything. But TF2, it is free nowadays so why not, it is also quite nice game.
Black Ops would be cool, but it is dying aswell.

In my opinion the best way to get players is to wait for a new great game and then do a server. That would take too much time though to wait for a new game.

At the moment what I can see is that CoD4 and CoD2 are quite much played still, but the problem is that CoD4 is full of cheaters and more likely is played on Promod. And CoD2 I just do not know, still seems to be famous. :p

Anyway short story even shorter:

Counter-Strike: Source - No, too many hackers. Or then I was just unlucky in the past when played it.
Team Fortress - Yes, it is a free game and is still played a lot, probably the best choice.
Call of Duty Series - Yes/No, what it comes to Infinity Ward's newest release MW3 I would say definitely No because is is filled with hackers, bugs which they will never get out of the game because IW have already money in their bag. Black Ops would be a the best choice of all of these games, what I have played it now 450 hours about, I have seen only around 10 hackers. Even my Yes would go to Black Ops I think that its players are dropping all the time and all I can see are Nuketown 24/7 servers.
Battlefield Series - Yes, Battlefield games are made to be fun, it is fun to play and objective playing is fun. I do not much know about Battlefield 3 and how those servers are.

-*S

100% approval here.
25cm

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri Feb 10, 2012 16:38

That could be a good list for a poll. :P

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion