Minor Issues

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Spam God

Minor Issues

Postby lazy-lion » Thu Feb 09, 2012 15:06

Hello,

I got myself a new laptop the other day. But now I have some minor issues, unfortunately. :(

1) I've got the well-known hight and width problem. You know, the thing where you have 2 black big lines at the sides of the screen. My resolution is 1366x768, but I'm not quite sure what I have to put in my cfg to fix it. :O

2) Around every 3 seconds I have this little freeze where the game stops for a second or so and I'm unable to move/shoot/do anything. Death already sent me a link of this topic, but it said to remove my PB file. If I do that, I can't play on PS anymore, so no option.

3) I can't press W+A+Sprint+Jump at the same time. If I press W+A+Sprint and then try to jump (Trickjumping) it doesn't work. Same with other keys.

I hope everything is clear and you have some answers. 'Cause with these minor issues I can't play properly. :(

Regards,

Lazy-Lion.
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Thu Feb 09, 2012 15:32

1) and 2) i dont know :<
but for the 3) is a pc problem that u couldn't press more than 3 keys.
u can disable this obtion on the control panel, in the keyboard options
p.s. for the TJ u could type /sprint so is a key less :D
GoD is DeaD

Spam Kid

Postby Jogy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 17:16

2) If you have NVIDIA GPU:
NVIDIA control panel > Manage 3D settings > Program settings > Select a program to customize: ET > Threaded optimization OFF

3) buy new keyboard

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 17:20

Jogy wrote:3) buy new keyboard

to laptop? :D

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Thu Feb 09, 2012 18:42

DMG_Kowi wrote:
Jogy wrote:3) buy new keyboard

to laptop? :D

Why not? he can't have external keyboard pluged in laptop?

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Thu Feb 09, 2012 19:02

@Leo.

Thanks, but I don't know where to look. There are a lot of different option things.:O Can you be more specific, please?

@Jogy

Thanks, it helped. :) Number 2 is fixed. External keyboard is not an option.

I just discovered something: I can press W+A+D+Sprint... I just can't do any combination of 3 keys with Jump in it. I heard it has something to do with keyboard arrays?

1 and 3 remain unsolved. :)
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Thu Feb 09, 2012 22:36

lazy-lion wrote:@Leo.

Thanks, but I don't know where to look. There are a lot of different option things.:O Can you be more specific, please?

mmm if the problem it's just when u press space i don't know. maybe your pc is setted that when u pres more keys + space it gets stuck...
GoD is DeaD

Official Member

Postby Toup » Thu Feb 09, 2012 23:21

Simplest advide : have you downloaded your graphics card drives?

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 0:22

@Leo

I absolutely don't know. :)

Toup wrote:Simplest advide : have you downloaded your graphics card drives?

Yes, ofcourse I updated my graphics card. :)

Any other options? :O

Official Member

Postby wuju » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:29

The easiest way to solve problem of resolution,
use parammeters in your et shorcut.

Add to shortcut properties +customwidth 1366 +customheight 768
ill check later if there is some apostrophe needed

About problem of your lag, since i have new laptop i have same problem as you.
Those freezed acions :/

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 19:14

I tried to change the etconfig by changing the r_customwidth and r_customheight into the resolution which I have. But when I try to save it I get an error which says that the acces is denied.

Wuju about the lag problem, you might try this (Jogy told me few posts ago and it worked):

2) If you have NVIDIA GPU:
NVIDIA control panel > Manage 3D settings > Program settings > Select a program to customize: ET > Threaded optimization OFF

Official Member

Postby wuju » Fri Feb 10, 2012 19:16

You dont have to change it in config

just edit your shortcut and add it like this (it connect directly to ps1)

"E:\Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set r_mode -1 +set r_customheight 768 +set r_customwidth 1366 +connect 178.63.72.111:27960

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 19:21

wuju wrote:You dont have to change it in config

just edit your shortcut and add it like this (it connect directly to ps1)

"E:\Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set r_mode -1 +set r_customheight 768 +set r_customwidth 1366 +connect 178.63.72.111:27960

I use xFire to connect to ps1. Do you know how I can change it there?

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Feb 10, 2012 19:23

lazy-lion wrote:I tried to change the etconfig by changing the r_customwidth and r_customheight into the resolution which I have. But when I try to save it I get an error which says that the acces is denied.

You can't edit them while you're in-game. Make sure you edit both your etmain and nq configs.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 19:29

warren-the-ape wrote:
lazy-lion wrote:I tried to change the etconfig by changing the r_customwidth and r_customheight into the resolution which I have. But when I try to save it I get an error which says that the acces is denied.

You can't edit them while you're in-game. Make sure you edit both your etmain and nq configs.

Yes, that's what I did. I opened the ET folder, openend etconfig.cfg. Changed the values and tried to save. Then I got that error.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Feb 10, 2012 19:33

lazy-lion wrote:Yes, that's what I did. I opened the ET folder, openend etconfig.cfg. Changed the values and tried to save. Then I got that error.

Try and right-click and check the properties to see if they're not read-only or locked. Are you logged in as administrator?
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 19:39

warren-the-ape wrote:
lazy-lion wrote:Yes, that's what I did. I opened the ET folder, openend etconfig.cfg. Changed the values and tried to save. Then I got that error.

Try and right-click and check the properties to see if they're not read-only or locked. Are you logged in as administrator?

They're not read-only and not locked.
I think I am logged in as administrator, 'cause I am the only one using the laptop. But I'm not sure, where can I check/change this?

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Fri Feb 10, 2012 20:03

For win 7 it is:

control panel -> user accounts ... -> user accounts

You can see what accounts have administrator rights. For xp/vista it should be something similar.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 20:28

egglaf wrote:For win 7 it is:

control panel -> user accounts ... -> user accounts

You can see what accounts have administrator rights. For xp/vista it should be something similar.

I see. Well, yes, I am administrator. :O

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 20:58

In win7/vista it also sometimes depend on drive partition you're operating. Usually you have 2 partitions: C:\ - system files, programs, etc., D:\ - your files, games, etc.
When you try to operate files on C:\, which is system partition, it is sometimes denied to save files or do some things with them, even though you have administrator priviliges. Maybe you have ET installed on system partition...

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 21:02

DMG_Kowi wrote:

In win7/vista it also sometimes depend on drive partition you're operating. Usually you have 2 partitions: C:\ - system files, programs, etc., D:\ - your files, games, etc.
When you try to operate files on C:\, which is system partition, it is sometimes denied to save files or do some things with them, even though you have administrator priviliges. Maybe you have ET installed on system partition...

Yes indeed, that is correct. I have ET installed on C:\Program Files (x86). So what should I do?

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Fri Feb 10, 2012 21:06

lazy-lion wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:

Yes indeed, that is correct. I have ET installed on C:\Program Files (x86). So what should I do?

Put the file on desktop (bureaublad), change the settings, put the file back

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20

Dre_of_chaos wrote:
lazy-lion wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:

Put the file on desktop (bureaublad), change the settings, put the file back

Doesn't work... Lol, what is this?

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Sat Feb 11, 2012 14:50

+1 dre.
copy your cfg on desktop, modify and save it on desktop.
Than put it on ETmain.
It works, I always do this way coz i have same problem when i edit a cfg from Etmain folder
(Fu*ed Vista :D)
GoD is DeaD

Spam Noob

Postby deragoku » Wed May 02, 2012 2:18

It is sometimes refused to save the file, or do something with them, even if you have administrator priviliges.

Return to ET Help Desk