Kicked for 'oops' :/

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Spam Noob

Kicked for 'oops' :/

Postby KriZ » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:47

I just got kicked from PS5 with the reason 'oops'.

What happened: I fragged an admin named lizzard or something. It was not in spawn, it was not a teamkill, it was a fair frag.

Only thing to mention: he was standing still, so I type 'oops?', next thing I know: you are kicked from this server with reason: oops

What the *beep*? I read the rules and it says nothing about not shooting people when they're standing still???

Server High Admin

Re: Kicked for 'oops' :/

Postby Daghel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 13:02

KriZ wrote: It was not in spawn, it was not a teamkill, it was a fair frag.

It was a spawn. I've specting you quite long time and you was hanging around spawn preety long. So i joined axis and didn't moved.
More of that... hmm, let me think... about eight players was warned, four kicked and one baned after my big red banner - "next person who will throw arty near flag will be banned". So after this issue earlier you should know that i mean serious and the limit of rulebreakers on this map (Streets of Italy) was over.

And it's not an "abuse" becouse im never kicking players for nothing, and never with pleasure. You was in my spawn, you killed me so i had right to did it. And your silly "oops:D" after it confirming that you was waiting for victims there, and after noticed that you killed admin you tryed to turn it into joke. To bad my patience gone after those artys at flag.

Falbik was also online if someone doubt in my words.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Noob

Postby KriZ » Sun Oct 05, 2008 13:32

It was here... can anyone confirm that there is an axis spawn in that room? Because I really didn't know then... also because my whole team was there all the time, and the axis came all the time from the other side... I was waiting there, yes... but I was always looking outside the windows because that's where the enemies came from.

And I didn't say 'oops:D', I said 'oops?' because you didn't shoot back, I thought you were maybe having a smoke or something so you couldn't shoot back.

And if you lose your patience, that's very human and I understand it, but that doesn't clear the bad admin work. First warn, then kick.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 14:10

That's right it was that room, but if i remember well from other side, near the window.
You said: 'oops? :D" i can find it in log but i dont have time now for it, and its not so important...
I can undersatnd that it's a new map, but for my eyes whole this builing is a spawn.

The thing you must understand is when i warn one player for spawnkilling is not only a warn directly to him but to all players online, they should watch out. Do you think if for example 5 guys walk into enemy spawn and start to killing people inside i should stand still and warn separate everyone of them? Simply dont have time for it. After you i've kicked one more guy for same thing. Whole this map was a scene of terror and rulebreaking. If we are talking about admins skills i should firt ask you nice to stop, then put you to spec and ask you again, then warn you, then warn you second time. As i said above, with so high amount of rulebreakers didn't have time for this and when i warned one for spawnkilling then all should be carefoul. It was only a kick, so you can play again and i can recomend our wise roolebook. :wink:

Spam Noob

Postby KriZ » Sun Oct 05, 2008 14:17

I've seen the warnings to others, but I really didn't know there was spawn where I was. I thought those warnings were about arty at the flag in the market square, not where I was.

But ok, it's a misunderstanding... I love PS servers and I don't want anyone to think that I'm a spawnkiller. :)

See you online. :wink:

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 14:20

Ok then, I'm happy that's clear now :)
See you in game.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sun Oct 05, 2008 16:48

No abuse here, so;

Admin Abuse > PS5: Discussion

KriZ wrote:but that doesn't clear the bad admin work. First warn, then kick.

Daghel sort of explained it already. A !warn is not mandatory at all, there are multiple commands you could consider a warning including a; !gib, !slap, !freeze, !kick etc. In this case Daghel made the right decision considering the gameplay at that time, drastic rulebreaking ask for drastic measures, unfortunately you were caught in the middle of it ;)

/Locked
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008